Protein Characterization Scientist
The desired candidate will be self-motivated and functioning as a Scientist/Sr. Scientist to carry out experiments on biochemical and biophysical characterization of proteins, with a strong emphasis in LC-MS based techniques. Experience in protein-protein interaction methods is a plus.
Job title and competitive compensation will be based on candidate’s credentials
1) Taking responsibilities for client’s projects on data quality, timeline and communications
2) Tutoring and collaborating with associates on the responsible projects
3) Carrying on therapeutic protein characterization experiments with established SOP
4) Develop, optimization or troubleshooting efforts on biochemical, biophysical and analytical characterization of proteins.
5) Maintaining and troubleshooting various mass spectrometry instrumentation with minimal supervision.
6) Writing SOP and study reports
BS/MS/Ph.D. with 2-5 years protein mass spectrometry experience
Hands-on experience on following instrument and software: Sciex Triple Quadruple Mass Spec with Analyst software, Thermo Orbitrap Mass Spec with Xcalibur software,
Hands-on experience with peptide mapping analysis, PTM analysis, glycan analysis and intact MS analysis using BioPharm Finder, Protein Metrics etc
Hands-on experience of setting up, running and troubleshooting LC-MS and analytical chromatography techniques (SEC, HIC, RP, IEX, etc.) that are applicable to analysis/characterization of protein therapeutics
Experience with following techniques is a plus
o Protein-protein interaction methods, such as Biacore, Octet, MSD, etc.
o Light scattering (DLS, SLS, MALLS)
o Capillary Iso-electric FocusingProtein stability (colloidal, thermal and chemical stability)
Woburn, MA 01801